Tuesday 5 March 2013

Information Graphics Colour/Design Research

I have been Looking at ways of representing colours in my trend forecasting.
I have accumulated colours that pop up constantly in the resent trends then tried ways to represent my findings.

I took inspiration from Damien Hirsts colour wheels and taking the colours predicted made paint blends. 

Damien Hirst Colour Wheel


My Paint Blend

I then started looking at information graphics in particular Arthur Buxton who used information graphic and accumulated strips of colours from the colours in Vogues front covers. He did this every month for a year then putting them in strips placed them together creating these art pieces. Example bellow. 
The aim was to represent the trends in colours in a year. 

Arthur Buxton


I then liking the strips of colours style like Arthur Buxton Collected house paint cards relevant to my colour trend predictions then placed these in Strips relevant to trends as seen bellow.

My trend prediction paint cards.


Taking these rectangle shapes i have looked into other information graphics and seen how they have  presented them. My research is seen bellow. 


Think there is to much information on this page however I like the idea of curves with the colour and looked at similar curved shapes.

Here is another curved shape However for trend forecasting there is to many colours and to much writing i want my work to be able to represent my research with out an overload of words.




The thinness of the lines and colours in a circle is visually pleasing. But i wonder about if you can put enough detail and information when so small.



The thicker colours shows more information than the one above but doesn't flow as well.


I am going to try these Stretched curved rectangles in a semicircle to represent trends i have predicted.





No comments:

Post a Comment